Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back in the game!

Joining http://www.capecrossfit.com/  earlier in the year to achieve my fitness goals has been a lot harder than i anticipated. Initially the dread of getting up in the winter months and struggling so hard to do the workouts i often wondered if it was all worth it, but it has really paid off! Warning - this gym is not for sissies! After 6 months of perseverance i am definitely reaping the benefits, I even  managed to enter and finish a 5km fun run totally unbelievable for me!!
With Jobst my trainer finishing the race!

The current challenge at the gym besides exercise is an eating plan one which i am whole heartily taking part of - its called the Paleo Diet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet and is actually really nice once you get the hang of it!  Basically no carbs, no diary just natural protein, fruit and veg, yum! I have to say even in week 3 i miss sugar big time but i substitute with lots of fruit which helps! I will post my achievements after the 8 week period and then you can watch me grow fat as i re indulge in my great weakness, cheesecake!

No comments: