Monday, September 21, 2009

Montreal to NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a day, i am now sitting on the bus going from New York to Long Island, about another hour to go, will finally arrive at 9.05pm and my host will collect me from the bus stop, shew!

I got up round 5.30am, left the apartment round 6.20am, walked about 7 blocks with my backpack, got the tube to the bus station, on the bus from Montreal to New York. Then about an hour later we all had to get off as we went through the border, that took about two hours, you have to leave your bags on the bus and go in and get questioned etc and whilst you are doing that they search your stuff, nice! Well finally back on the road and we arrive at Albany where we got off the bus for about half an hour, the coffee shop didn't even have milk!


Back on the bus and we finally get into New York round 5pm - what a city, wow! Its the largest city i think i have even been in, very impressive!! Got off the bus and then on to the tube missed the stop so had to get off and go back in the other direction, (Keep in mind that i am carrying 23kg on my back and about 8kg on my front!) get off at Grand Central station and have to walk two blocks to where i get my next bus, but i cannot see a sign so i start panicking and walking down the road all with my 23kgs and i am sweating like a bullock, not even just a bull. Anyways, i call the bus company as there are pay phones everywhere and they assure me i am in the right place, so back i go. Aha there is a sign but with a different name on it, yep they hadn't changed the name. Anyways i was really relieved that i had found the right place. Just behind me though was the Chrysler building so of course i took a few snaps! I think travelling for 12hours sucks! Okay okay give me an office job!



So i wont see New York now until the 3rd Oct when Ant arrives, so its Long Island and the Hamptons for me!

No comments: