Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Southampton and Windsor, UK

Southampton

This was something i always wanted to do and just never got there, walking on the Southampton walls. There is a lot of history as Pam and I discovered this day. We started with viewing some of the more special older buildings and then walked on the walls to the Bargate which is situated in the main shopping hub. We stopped off for a coffee in a lovely old pub and then we hit the shops!






Windsor
One of my favorite English towns, Windsor. Caught the train here from Southampton and one of my oldest and dearest friends collected me at the station. It was a rainy grey day, so we spent alot of time catching up, it was so great to see Corinna, its like we have never been apart! We did a quick round the town and outskirts of the castle, the queen still lives here on and off, and its in great condition! After Windsor we returned to Maidenhead where Coz lives and had a lovely evening chatting and reminiscing!!! The next morning David, Corinna's husband very kindly dropped me at the station and i was back on my way to Southampton.






Today i am meeting more of my cousins for lunch, i haven't seen them for about 17 years! Sandra and Cheryl took me for lunch in Southampton and it was so great to see them - so great to catch up.

I am so lucky to have such great family and friends even though i don't see them very often, they are all very special to me!!!!




















My last night in the UK, we went for a lovely dinner in Bishops Waltham, called Bank - most enjoyable.





And so back to good old SA!!

No comments: